counter

Free Hit Counter

Thursday, July 1, 2010

glass floats

I grew up along the Oregon Coast two towns north of the California border. The fisherman that fished the Pacific waters used hand blown glass floats for their nets. I remember spending hours along the shore as a little girl searching...hoping to find one of those floats that my grandmother had so many of in her collection. I never found my glass float but someone else has evoked that memory in my home town by placing colored glass "floats" along the black sand beaches during the summer months. How I wished I lived in that tiny little town still so that I could comb the beaches for those wonderful treasures.... I live in West Michigan now nostalgia will have to wait for a cheap airplane ticket or a U-Haul.

The nets are the inspiration for this beautifully lacy scarf made from hand dyed chenille yarn and cotton variegated thread.

It measures around 77 inches long and 5 inches wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment